Sunday, April 12, 2009

Summer of the Stars TCM

This is a small break in the Notorious entries-- Be ready for the new ones!-- giving you time to get your netflix/amazon orders!! :)
Here's a tale from past:

Last year I came down with a bad case of food poisoning. Little did I know--it was a blessing in disguise. Due to being bed ridden, my sleeping patterns were a little discombobulated. I went to bed very early the night of the 24th of August and awoke around 5:30 AM. Of course, I checked to see what was on Turner Classic Movies. It just so happened that this day was Ingrid Bergman's day during the Summer Under the Stars series. The Summer Under the Stars was the whole summer long and each star had a day to have all of their movies (or the more popular/important) films shown. Ingrid's was August 25th.

I spent the entire day in bed watching every movie they showed. I had my best friend Adi bring me soup and otherwise, everyone left me alone. It was marvelous!



I hope they do this again this year. I also hope that they change Ingrid's day from the 25th to the 29th so she can have the day on which she was born and died.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
An avid Ingrid Bergman fan, I am a student of her life and work as well as film, filmmaking and Classic Film in general. I have my M.F.A. in TV/Film Production from USC School of Cinematic Arts and have been making a living in the business they call show. Feel free to follow me on Twitter @alexis_morrell