Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Kate Gabrielle from the blog Silents and Talkies has awarded me with the "Splash Award"!
"The Splash award is given to alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive, and inspiring blogs. When you receive this award, you must:
1. Put the logo on your blog/post.
2. Nominate up to 9 blogs which allure, amuse, bewitch, impress or inspire you.
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have been splashed by commenting on their blog.
5. Remember to link to the person from whom you received your Splash award."
So I am going to now reward blogs that I follow--
The first award goes to Pickled Beetnik, which is run by one of my best friends, Adi Price. She is a huge supporter of my online work and I would never be able to navigate this world wide web w/o her. Check out her blog and REALLY be sure to check out her art!!
My Visual Vocabulary-- This is my Dad's blog. He is a rockin' artist, a great Dad and a talented writer. W/o him, I would have never discovered classic film. Follow his alphabetical countdown of artists and work.
Alfred Hitchcock Geek-- This is Joel Gunz's AMAZING blog about all things Hitch. He has been a great "fellow geek" and he knows his ish. He selflessly promotes fellow bloggers and his writing is well articulated. We can all learn much from Joel.
ClassicForever-- This blog is one of the most fun blogs I go to! The "photo of the day" series is one of my favorite online ventures. Right now Millie is on "tour" but continues to drop in.
Lolita's Classics-- Lolita continues to support my efforts and the efforts of others in the classic film genre. Her entries are informative and fun and she holds lots of polls and participation type things. I love it. SPLASH!
So thank you again for the Splash Award and please continue to read and participate! :)
- An avid Ingrid Bergman fan, I am a student of her life and work as well as film, filmmaking and Classic Film in general. I have my M.F.A. in TV/Film Production from USC School of Cinematic Arts and have been making a living in the business they call show. Feel free to follow me on Twitter @alexis_morrell