Monday, May 4, 2009

Bells of St. Mary's Swedish Song

"It means, uh, spring."



I love this movie SO much!

The Bells of St. Mary's= Nuns boxing, Nuns playing baseball and breaking windows, Bing Crosby, Ingrid Bergman (of course), "The payoff scene," Ingrid's beautiful prayer scene at the end, and much, much, more!

Here's a link to Ingrid singing a lovely song in Swedish. This song is beautiful. If anyone knows where to find the words, or a recording, please let me know!

I sing it in the shower-- but it's gibberish. LOL!

Ingrid Bergman Sings Like an Angel (stupid embeded blocked)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She had a lovely voice, and I'm a sucker for classic stars playing the piano in their films.
I love The Bells of St Mary's too!! The scene where she teaches him to box is hilarious...oh, the juxtaposition!
I need to watch this film again. Yes!

About Me

My photo
An avid Ingrid Bergman fan, I am a student of her life and work as well as film, filmmaking and Classic Film in general. I have my M.F.A. in TV/Film Production from USC School of Cinematic Arts and have been making a living in the business they call show. Feel free to follow me on Twitter @alexis_morrell