Friday, July 24, 2009

Casablanca Mural


My friend Adi sent me a link to this mural:

The mural was painted by Jake Jahelka from the Bronx, NY.
This is what he had to say about it:

Casablanca Movie Mural

I did this mural a few years ago. I didn't have a painting to hang in this particular spot over an old trunk in my living room, so I painted this picture from a "Casablanca" movie poster. I used an opaque projector to blow it up a bit, and get the right proportions. Then I sketched a light outline and used some cheap acrylics to paint it. I want to do another mural, but I wanted to learn more about how they're done. That's how I found this website. I'll use some of the tips I've read about here.
Jake,
Bronx, NY

You can see this and other murals @ wallmurals123.com

I think the mural is an accurate depiction of the cover art for Casablanca. If I owned a wall, I'd love to have that on it. Come to think about it, Jake, if you see this, how much do you charge? I could have you paint my room at my parents house. That's right Mom and Dad, I'm still trying to redecorate my room there. I'll move 3000 miles away in January, but I expect my room to be mine. Lol. I'm a brat~! :) I love my parents and Classic movies--why not have them in the same space?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm flattered that you like the painting. I feel like a celebrity. LOL. I've thought about doing it on the side to make a few extra bucks, but there is not enough demand. I'm a union carpenter in NYC and I'm laid off from work a few months every year, so it's not a bad idea. I wouldn't know what to charge. I'd be happy that someone was actully willing to pay me anything. Anyway, I appreciate it that someone likes it so much. That's the best payment of all.
Jake

John Knotts said...

Take a look at my movie mural wich includes Ingrid and Bogie /casablanca far left upper corner of mural go to www.knottsmurals.com and pccmovies.com
I was commissioned by Premiere Cinema Corp. to design and paint a mural for the lobby of all new Premiere Cinema locations. The mural is printed in large format and installed in the lobby of the theater. Bryan,Texas> El Paso Texas> Gadsden Alabama> and Spanish fort Alabama. Several new premiere theaters are under construction now to be open in 2010

About Me

My photo
An avid Ingrid Bergman fan, I am a student of her life and work as well as film, filmmaking and Classic Film in general. I have my M.F.A. in TV/Film Production from USC School of Cinematic Arts and have been making a living in the business they call show. Feel free to follow me on Twitter @alexis_morrell